Personal Water Craft Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I am hoping that someone would be willing to offer a little advice to a first time jet ski purchaser. I am looking to buy a slightly used one and I have a couple of propects in the works. I am trying to decide what model to go with.

One model is a 2004 Yamaha GP1300R Waverunner and the other is a 2005 Honda Aquatrax F-12x Turbo.

According to what I have seen so far, both have the same amount of horsepower. The only major difference I've seen is that the yamaha is a 2-stroke and the Honda is a 4-stroke.

Both have decent prices for the make and amount of use so I'm just looking for some advice on performance and durability between the 2. Any advice anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shaker 1200,
Thanks very much for all the info, that was quite an extensive and thorough post and the information is very much appreciated. I was kind of figuring that the 2 stroke might be a little expensive to keep running.

May I ask what you mean when you said you should have got the compression checked (how or by whom is this done?) Please pardon my ignorance.

Thanks For your time

I would still like to hear from anyone who owns or has owned a Honda, i've had some experience with their atv's and they seem to be very well made but I know nothing about the quality of their pwc's. Any info is appreciated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts