Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found a sweet deal on a 2007 with only 29 hrs and well taken care of so I picked it up on Friday. Put it in the lake today and had a great time UNTIL.... I was two minutes away from docking at the marina, checking out a little cove when my dock rope that I stupidly had down in the footwell went into the water and was quickly sucked up into the grate. The engine stopped and fortunately I was near the dock and was towed in. After getting home I removed the grate, cut the rope out and replaced the grate. I tried to start the engine but it would only spin. Finally it started and I revved it a couple of times and water shot out the back. I let it rest and started it again and it seemed to be hesitating when I revved it, but maybe its just me. I know not to run it longer than 10-15 seconds but do you think I may have damaged anything due to the rope getting sucked in? Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Guess all is well

So I'm guessing due to the lack of responses that all should be well with the ski because it still cranks. Thanks all..

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
So I'm guessing due to the lack of responses that all should be well with the ski because it still cranks. Thanks all..
I'm not an expert, but the same thing happened to my brothers FX HO. He had a hell of a time getting the rope out, but everthing worked fine afterwards. You would have to put it on the water to be sure that you have not messed up the impeller or the spacing between it and the housing. The engine may run fine, but you may see a decrease in performance on the water if you have screwed anything up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

Thanks for the reply Ernest T. You replied last month to my questions about the VX FX differences. I found this FX and I think everything is going to be OK. Take Care..

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm not an expert, but the same thing happened to my brothers FX HO. He had a hell of a time getting the rope out, but everthing worked fine afterwards. You would have to put it on the water to be sure that you have not messed up the impeller or the spacing between it and the housing. The engine may run fine, but you may see a decrease in performance on the water if you have screwed anything up.
Bro, what year is your yamaha FX CRUZ HO,and did you buy your trailer seperate or did you get a combo deal.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is a 2007. I bought it from the original owner who had two identical skis. I paid $ 6500 for it. As I said mine only has 29 hours on it and I could tell the owner took good care of them. He lives on the lake so no trailer was included. I budgeted $ 500 for a used trailer but found a 2005 Shorelandr brand single trailer on Craig'slist for $ 350. The trailer was in excellent shape. I'm spending the winter waxing, detailing and adding graphics to it. Good luck in your purchase.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts