Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I have only been out twice on my neighbors Yamaha VX Deluxe, but I am in love with Jet skiing. I find it much more exciting and easier to store than a boat.

I live in Tampa and will be hitting up Courtney Campbell, Gandy, Dunedin Causeway, Ft Desoto/Eggmont, etc...

I have been looking at the Kawasaki Ultra 250x. I stopped by the dealer last night and loved its vast cargo hold and the over all "evilness" of it. However I have seen alot of talk on the forums of it being a gas hog. I am not concerned so much with the cost of fuel as I am with how far I can go & running out early in the day.

I have read the Yamaha FX HO is a good contender as well, but I see I lose 50% of my storage space. There is also a considerable HP loss with the FX HO. I am looking for more power than the VX Deluxe I have been riding offers, so I am sure both skis will have more power, but just wondering if the 250X is overkill.

I have found a good deal on a 250X locally with low hours and it tip top shape.

I am looking to cruise around but I also want power. I have had fast camaros and currently have an M3 for a vehicle and have never thought to myself, "Damn this car has too much power!"

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
8 Posts
So I have only been out twice on my neighbors Yamaha VX Deluxe, but I am in love with Jet skiing. I find it much more exciting and easier to store than a boat.

I live in Tampa and will be hitting up Courtney Campbell, Gandy, Dunedin Causeway, Ft Desoto/Eggmont, etc...

I have been looking at the Kawasaki Ultra 250x. I stopped by the dealer last night and loved its vast cargo hold and the over all "evilness" of it. However I have seen alot of talk on the forums of it being a gas hog. I am not concerned so much with the cost of fuel as I am with how far I can go & running out early in the day.

I have read the Yamaha FX HO is a good contender as well, but I see I lose 50% of my storage space. There is also a considerable HP loss with the FX HO. I am looking for more power than the VX Deluxe I have been riding offers, so I am sure both skis will have more power, but just wondering if the 250X is overkill.

I have found a good deal on a 250X locally with low hours and it tip top shape.

I am looking to cruise around but I also want power. I have had fast camaros and currently have an M3 for a vehicle and have never thought to myself, "Damn this car has too much power!"

Any thoughts?
I just got back from the dealer and they have an '08 Ultra 250X, I put a deposit on it, they are only askin $9500 with a trailer because it is last years model. I think I am going to do it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which dealer? Dont worry about me grabbing it, Im not buying new. I went to Powersports over on Florida Ave last night. Is that including those gimmick freight/prep fees?

I saw some place in orlando has 08's for 8500 with no trailor.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
The Ultra 250X will drink gas but I have heard that you can go anywhere from 85 miles to 100 miles on a tank of gas which equates probably around 3 or 4 hours of riding before you need to fill it up again. Also, if you on the gas full throttle the entire time, realize it will drink it quicker but I am betting you can get at least 3 or 4 hours if not more out of it between fill ups.

Also, if you are looking at a good deal, I don't know how far you are from Lake Wales Fl. but I have 2 friends named Josh and Cody that work there as salesman and they can hook you up with a good deal. Here is a link to the dealership web site. Florida, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Eton, Kymco, Sky Powersports, Lake Wales, Hudson, Lakeland, Tampa Bay, Motorcycle ATV Dealer
Again, ask for Cody or Josh and tell them Jason from Quads For Christ referred you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Which dealer? Dont worry about me grabbing it, Im not buying new. I went to Powersports over on Florida Ave last night. Is that including those gimmick freight/prep fees?

I saw some place in orlando has 08's for 8500 with no trailor.
Purcell's in Jacksonville.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Thanks Jay -

How many miles can I get out of something like the FX HO?
To be honest with you, I'm not really sure? Since I have moved out here to Colorado, I am the only person I know with jet ski's. When we go to the lake, I have ridden next to a bunch of those ski's but do not know the people. The FX HO has a smaller fuel tank that the Kawasaki does but it gets better fuel mileage from my understanding so my guess is that it will be around the same ride time of hours or miles ridden but it will cost you maybe $5.00 less to fill up per tank of gas.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the heads up Jay. But I usually dont buy items like cars and boats new. They depreciate way to fast. I'm looking at picking up something 06-08.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts