Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to call on the years of expertise, for just a second, to help me decide on the watercraft I should purchase.

Here is a list of things I would like in the ski (in no particular order):
*Handle 2 or 3 riders (max weight of 550 to 650 total)
*Nimble (not planning to do multiple flips, but something I can whip around pretty easily)
*Good acceleration (quicker take off is more important than max speed)
*Good for pulling floats with small children on them (8-15 yrs old)
*Universally enjoyable (Riders will range from 18 to 80 years old. Experience ranging from first time to multiple years experience. I have about 25 hours total ride time so far)
*Reliable (I will probably only get to ride this at most 40 hours in a season, if I am lucky. When I ride it, it will be for long periods of time. I want something I don't have to worry about repairing the few times I get to go out)
*Durable (I am not a little fellow. I weight about 280. I want something that can handle me and another rider without breaking into small pieces).
*Price (I don't care to pay to get what I want, but I don't want to pay for something that will probably not benefit me. So wireless key chains, remotes, even mirrors are not really of any importance to me.)

I have been primarily looking at the yamaha skis so far (cruiser line). Mainly because of the gas and they seem to have the easiest ski to remount after you fall off. However, I would like to see what the experienced owners have to say.

Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yamaha VX110 Deluxe x2 was my choice. I now own 4 Yamaha's, wouldn't buy anything else. The new machines are great, good fuel economy, and dependable.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'd second Yamaha. I've got an FX cruiser, and love it. Moves plenty fast enough for me, can handle 3 comfortably, works fine for towing.

Also has what feels to me to be a nicer ride (by far) than the sport-ski's; as in, I don't get bounced around nearly as hard in rough water on the cruiser.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm in the market as well and I've been looking at Sea Doos. I have a Challenger 180 boat and it's been really fun but now I am thinking of the Sea Doo Wake.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I am partial to the doo's myself. I love the GTI and the GTX, and my wife likes the GSX. I have been knocked off my GTX in the inlet a few times and have no problem remounting. My two RFI'S are very reliable, but maintenance is a must with anything. I also have a blast in my Twin Rotax Doo boat too. Nothing against Yamaha, but I LOVE my Doo's!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts