Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've picked up a 96 Kawasaki 900 zxi. Not running. Someone has removed the electrical box and also removed the stator cover assy. Stator had some water in it and is rusty. I have no idea if the internals of the motor are good. Turns over easily by hand with plugs removed. Appears to be missing oil pump and oil tank. And I'm told trim motor doesn't work. I am mechanically capable but wonder how much this will ultimately cost. A lot of parts on ebay but by time you pay shipping, etc it all adds up. If I decide to proceed I'd pull motor and start there. Is it worth it? It does have a good Karavan trailer. Thanks / dp

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
If you don't mind my asking, how much did you pay for it? You can definitely get it running again and have it be very reliable for a very long time but in all honesty, you will spend more money on parts than the ski is worth so it is really your call. If you love that ski and plan on having it for many years to come, then it may be worth the investment to you but if your someone who only plans on using it a few times before selling it, then parting it out is probably your best bet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Paid $400 with a nice galvanized trailer. I figure if I could get it going for around $300 I'd be in good shape. I am going to call guy I bought it from back and see if he has the missing parts someplace.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts