Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Ive recently been scouring the internet on different makes of jetski and trying to find reviews and the like, and came across a chinese made pwc called Flit Boating, now i dont know much about jetskis but would like other peoples opinion on these whats good whats bad etc, maybe someone has even used one before i dont know. They Feature

1. Suzuki engine
2. Closed loop fresh water cooling system
3. Double FRP hulls
4. FLIT Jetski new option-Turbo& Stereo system

The CE approved jetski FLT-M0108C is installed with 1400cc, 4-cylinder 4-stroke original Suzuki engine, using closed loop fresh water cooling system, which is specially designed for the sea water use and we also have the patent for the cooling system in China. It is the best selling model and looks more sporty and aggressive.

Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
flit boating

Who knows something about the Flit Boating Jet Ski?
I saw the FLT-M0108C with 150 Hp. How does it compare to Yamaha, Kawasaki,...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are just advertising for flit boating & not asking any real questions!
Not at all, I havent had much to do with jetskis, only been on a mates a few times, second hand ones in new zealand are pretty expensive 2000+, new about 20k+, so after some googling came across alibaba and then flitboating.

The question i was asking were personal opinions from people who know about them, hense asking a watercraft forum, of what things are good or bad, i simply copied some info from one of there listings as i can get one landed for about 9000nz with a trailer+turbo, but without being able to see or try one, its alot of money to risk finding out for myself

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Cheap Chinese copy. You may have better luck in NZ, but someone posted a write up on another forum not long ago................all bad.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Sorry, I can't remember where I saw the review, but I do remember the ski the guy looked at had the Suzuki engine. He actually took a tour of the plant where they were made, and commented on the poor quality of the parts and finish of the ski. He was also very skeptical about warranty service, because there were few dealers, and the company officials would not answer his questions about what happens if the ski needs a repair........especially if you don't have a local dealer.

It sounds like the ski you listed is the SeaDoo copy, but they have also copyed Yamaha, and Kawaski skis. The closed loop cooling system even on the original SeaDoo is problematic, so I'd be especially careful with a Chinese copy.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
You don't see them in the states so much yet, but someone posted a couple for sale a few months ago. They are selling them in Austraila and Europe mostly. I've got a friend in Austraila that told me they seem to hit the country in waves every 2 or 3 years. People buy them, they break, there are lots of complaints, then they go away for awhile. Prices are really low compared to what it normally costs to get skis there, so there is a lot of interest. I expect that is doubly so in Europe, where the non-Chinese skis are even more expensive.

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
You don't see them in the states so much yet, but someone posted a couple for sale a few months ago. They are selling them in Austraila and Europe mostly. I've got a friend in Austraila that told me they seem to hit the country in waves every 2 or 3 years. People buy them, they break, there are lots of complaints, then they go away for awhile. Prices are really low compared to what it normally costs to get skis there, so there is a lot of interest. I expect that is doubly so in Europe, where the non-Chinese skis are even more expensive.
Sounds about right. Whoever buys one of these pieces of crap almost deserves to have it be a lemon. I'd rather buy an older used name brand watercraft than a new Chinese imitation. .

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is a fraudulent company that actually dont care one bit about costumers or the crap jetskis they make.

I bought one so i know what im talking about.
the jetski arrived with some minor damages on it due to poor packing and they didnt want to take any action on this or acknowledge it.

The ski looked nice as in pictures but started to spray petrol over the motor when starting it due to them not bother to check if the lines was fastened wich they were not.

Once in the water i drove it for about 10 min before it started to come smoke from the motor!
it was a faulty design were the pulleys were undamped and damaged the engine internally. i turned it in to suzuki that couldnt find the motor since it was not a suzuki only a suzuki knockoff with some parts looking like oem suzuki.

Long story short they dont want to do anything to help fix this and they stopped answereing mails on the subject.

STAY CLEAR or be Ripped OFF

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
This is a fraudulent company that actually dont care one bit about costumers or the crap jetskis they make.

I bought one so i know what im talking about.
the jetski arrived with some minor damages on it due to poor packing and they didnt want to take any action on this or acknowledge it.

The ski looked nice as in pictures but started to spray petrol over the motor when starting it due to them not bother to check if the lines was fastened wich they were not.

Once in the water i drove it for about 10 min before it started to come smoke from the motor!
it was a faulty design were the pulleys were undamped and damaged the engine internally. i turned it in to suzuki that couldnt find the motor since it was not a suzuki only a suzuki knockoff with some parts looking like oem suzuki.

Long story short they dont want to do anything to help fix this and they stopped answereing mails on the subject.

STAY CLEAR or be Ripped OFF
I can't help but ask how much you paid for it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
It may sound silly to you when you hear the price but the price situation in EU is much different from the US.

A top of the range 260hp jets ski cost about 30.000 US dollars here (Seadoo GTX or RXT) and a bog standard 155 hp (GTI SE 155 Seadoo) would be yours for 22500 US dollars. Why do you ask when the prices is waayyyy lower in the US, well the EU importers has made sure that all things waterbased (and other goods) must comply with EU standards that need a ceritificate to prove it does called CE marking. In fact the Jetski sold for the US market and Eu market are identical to the last nut and bolt except for the CE certificate.

So the FLit boating offer stood out as a becon of a good buy. i payed 5000USdollars for it including a small trailer and the freight home. however there is added costs for harbor, taxes and transport at home that equates to about another 1000 dollars. soo if the jetski had worked it would have been a very sweet deal but it did not so..... money down the chinese success drain i guess. The flit jetski has the ce certificate. if i imported one from the us i couldnt get it trough costums without the CE certificate so then it would have to be sent back or destroyed.

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
It may sound silly to you when you hear the price but the price situation in EU is much different from the US.

A top of the range 260hp jets ski cost about 30.000 US dollars here (Seadoo GTX or RXT) and a bog standard 155 hp (GTI SE 155 Seadoo) would be yours for 22500 US dollars. Why do you ask when the prices is waayyyy lower in the US, well the EU importers has made sure that all things waterbased (and other goods) must comply with EU standards that need a ceritificate to prove it does called CE marking. In fact the Jetski sold for the US market and Eu market are identical to the last nut and bolt except for the CE certificate.

So the FLit boating offer stood out as a becon of a good buy. i payed 5000USdollars for it including a small trailer and the freight home. however there is added costs for harbor, taxes and transport at home that equates to about another 1000 dollars. soo if the jetski had worked it would have been a very sweet deal but it did not so..... money down the chinese success drain i guess. The flit jetski has the ce certificate. if i imported one from the us i couldnt get it trough costums without the CE certificate so then it would have to be sent back or destroyed.
A am well aware that anything motorized is more expensive in Europe. Never heard of the CE thing though. Not sure what country you live in but my buddy in Poland just buys all his toys in the US and has them sent there. He bought a new Kawasaki a few years ago and never had to go through any of the CE bs to import it into Poland.:dunno:

·
Registered
3 Posts
today poland is a eu country and has to follow eu law and that includes the CE certifikate i suppose that it might be easier in some eu countrys to slip by in customs if you are checked however its a no go without the CE cert.

Some here in my country takes chances to by from the US and slip by to but when selling them on they have a hard time doing soo and if the buyer insist on getting the jetski ce certified after he bought it its at the sellers cost :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
3 Posts
AVOID AT ALL COSTS! sounds good on paper, but they are crap. the quality of finish is discussting, a money could fibreglass better. even the lanyard they siupplied is the wrong 1.

the support is even worse, there is no wiring diagrams to connect the harnesses and its made harder by the fact that there is about 4 spare plugs that dont match up anywhere.

there people are not interested in repeat business or providing support.

i dont always agree with the "cheap Chinese crap" comments as we buy loads of quality goods from china, and we all know most things are made in china, however this is a fine example of why people have negative views towards Chinese products and business

1 - 20 of 23 Posts