Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,...I just purchased a '96 Waveraider 700. I cannot locate a "hose" or hose hookup (as far as I can tell) for flushing. Can anyone tell me where the hookup for a flush hose could be in the engine compartment??...Are "flush kits" available and if so, any websites, etc. to check out??....Thanks!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I recommend you buy a manual here: YAMAHA MANUAL STORE so you know how to take care of your ski. In my 94 waveraider 700cc manual, it recommends the MMV-FLUSH-KT-03. My ski came with hose/kit which connects down on the side of spark plugs. Hard to describe. But, the manual says never to turn on the water before starting the engine. The water could back flow through the muffler into the crank-case causing severe engine damage. So, its important to know what you're doing. You can also look at newer manuals for free here: My Yamaha Prompt - Owners Manual Look at the 98 waveventure 700 manual chapter 4 for the cooling system flush. Its similar to your motor if not the same.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much....I appreciate your help.....I also purchased a '93 Waverunner in the package deal. Both skis run good but have never been in salt water. I plan a trip to Gulf Shores soon to use both in salt water. Any pointers on maintenance and care after SALT WATER use??.....As always, your help/comments are greatly appreciated!!.....Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts