Personal Water Craft Forum banner

FNG with some Questions 2000 1200's

2K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  bpann1 
#1 ·
Ok fist off new here and hope you guys can help with my problems.

My dad has 2) 2000 Yamaha 1200 ones a 2 seater ( problem child) and other is the 3 seater ( runs perfect!)

Ok the story on them. They lived most of the 2700 hrs. on Lake Powell in a time share Houseboat. And they were beat to hell! So the 3 seater needed a whole new motor, and drivetrain and both recieved new gelcoats and tons of glass work.

Now the question on the Problem Child.
For some reason it has melted out 3 exhaust boxes. The last time we by-passed the box with a couple of sewer pipe fittings that seemed to fix it. But they are getting hot and falling off causing it to sink almost to the bottom.

So where or who has a pipe that will by-pass the Catylitic converter and hopefully fix the heating up issue.

Thanks and sorry for the long post!

#2 ·
I live in georgia now but came from salt lake and then moved to page to run our rental company. After that banning of jetskis thing sep 15 th of 2001 we moved to lake lanier. Now we are about to move to vegas. anyway it is good to see someone from Powell. We tell alot of people about it and they just don't understand. Ok...First you need to remove the cat and install a d-plate and temp bypass chip...Total cost $75-dplate, $20-chip. You can do it yourself. It even comes with step by step instructions. Heres the link the serch D Plate, or cat removal D-plate. If you can't find it call them. Rivamotorsports, Pompano beach, Fl Welcome to RIVA Motorsports on the World Wide Web!

http://www.rivamotorsports.com/instructions/ry1819.pdf

It has the part # and everything. Good luck:appl:

#3 ·
yea its awesome. We spend most of our time in the northern areas like Bear Lake and Pineview where its not affected by the emissoin crap. Thanks again for the help i have already requested a catolog.

Is there a HIN reference place to decide actual model? we got these for free! and Plaza cycle did most of the work. ( now f* them it a DIY now). I know there 1200 but not for sure if gp. gpr or whatever.

#6 ·
they are different body styles all together also the blue one...that body style doesn't have a cat converter.

If you say it is a 2000 then it does have a cat converter. Remoce the converter from the pipe and install the D plate. Along with that install the chip. the chip mimmics the signal that it would normally send to the cdi so there is no overheat warning or engine stutters.

Capice?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.