Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found 5 2008 Yamaha waverunners that a dealer has that were sitting under an awning protected generally from the weather however some fading, decals peeling, etc. has occured. They are marked down for quick sale; however I would assume they have sat outside for 2 to 3 years should I have any concerns regarding these ski's?

I am looking for our first ski ownership and have the following choices FX HO, FX cruiser HO, FX cruiser, FX and VX sport.

Thank you
LK

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
The 2008 FX HO Cruiser is the best buy on the market IMO, and not just because I own one. You get the proven MR1 fuel efficient engine combined with the Nanoxcel hull (the only year that this combination was available). Very reliable, 61 mph, great rough water ride, 3 rider, good towing platform, etc..

What is the asking price?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FX HO Cruiser

$7,800.
Don't all the FX's have the same engine 1052cc?
Any concern for semi in the weather for several years?
Thanks
Tony

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
$7,800.
Don't all the FX's have the same engine 1052cc?
Any concern for semi in the weather for several years?
Thanks
Tony
The FX has a 998cc engine, while the FX HO has a 1052cc engine. Two different beasts. The engine in the FX HO is actually more similar to the engine in the VX, but it's modified to run at higher RPM and deliver more HP, so they have many different components.

If this is a new ski, I'd say no problems other than cosmetic for being outside. If it was run then left out there are more concerns. $7800 is a good price for the FX HO Cruiser.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts