Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm a newbee, i have an 86 550 and a 88 650sx both run very well both have good ride plates, and handel good but i want to set them up to do more freestyle what do i need to do to make that posable, cuz no one i know in my village rides a stand up, thier all wussies.

·
Registered
209 Posts
dont be so quick to call sitdown riders wussies.....

your gonna need to get some footholds, turf, lower the pitch of your prop a bit, bilge is a must! depends on how far you wanna go.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
someone told me that you cant put footholds on the 650sx that they don't make them, i don't know if that is true but i'm going to find out something, i'm pretty good with tools, was an auto mechanic for 6yrs, what would be a good pitch on the prop for the 650, any ideas

·
Registered
209 Posts
jet monky said:
someone told me that you cant put footholds on the 650sx that they don't make them, i don't know if that is true but i'm going to find out something, i'm pretty good with tools, was an auto mechanic for 6yrs, what would be a good pitch on the prop for the 650, any ideas

i dont know much about that ski....

is it a stock prop? if not it should have a number on it saying what the pitch is.... you an buy a watcon gauge which will tell you the pitch and is used for pitching it yourself..

i would start by bumping the leading edge down a degree then testing then bending then testing..etc etc... until you got it where you want it,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts