Personal Water Craft Forum banner

Frequently removing single jetski from trailer

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  t321sg 
#1 ·
I have two seadoo sparks and my wife often works when I want to go out riding on the weekends so I'm looking for a way to still get out. I dont trust leaving one on the trailer when I ride, just seems sketchy. So I was thinking of getting a stand to pull one off the trailer at home and putting it back on when I'm back. I've seen a few stands but I'm not sure which one would work the best for my situation. It needs to be easy for one person to do quickly. I'm not against building a stand either, but having never used one before I didn't wanna build it and then realize it just won't work how I need. Any suggestions?

#2 ·
Woodard2589,
Welcome to the forum.
Part way down the how to's (9th actually) is a post started by Zardoz and finished by me on building a ski stand. I needed it to break down to be put up out of the way in the garage. This works very well for me with my GPr. I can back up to my shop door. hold the cart to the trailer with my knees as I pull ski off onto cart. Going back I just use the trailer winch. A very stable cart.
The uprights can be adjusted in length as you built to meet your trailer hight.

Link to it MAYBE! LOL.

#4 ·
Yes this makes a great service stand. That's primarily why I built it. Much better than leaning in over a trailer wheel. It has sense turned into my storage stand as well as it takes up a lot less floor space then the trailer. Plus it's considerably easier to move around the shop.

#5 ·
I have good luck with this stand on Amazon, and its height is the same height of the trailer for easy on/off.

Of course building your own is cheaper, and you can build to the height of your tow trailer. To help them slide on and off easier, use silicone spray on your carpet bunks, or replace with trailer slides, marine slides or similar - just google the words.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.