Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 1200 wave runner.. I am getting it out for the first time this year and was wanting to get it ready for the water myself. I need to know how to run it out of water and where to hook the hose. I plan on replacing the plugs, lube cables and check it over.. Is there any thing else that needs to be done.. Thanks for the info!!!

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Is it a GP1200r or XLT1200? There should be a connection towards the back of the water craft for the water hose. You need the Yamaha adapter hose. When you run it start your engine first, then turn on the water. When you're ready to shut it off turn the water off first then shut down the motor. And don't turn your garden hose on full blast, you can actually do damage. Just a crack until you see water pouring out the back of your watercraft.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fresh Start!!

Its a XLT model.. Is the hook up in the rear like a seedoo or is it somewhere else!! I have a couple of blue hoses in front compartment, I think that is what I need just dont know where the hook up is.. Also there is a plug hanging loose in engine compartment, it looks like it screws into the intake manifold up on top.. Kinda looks like a temp. sensor.. It has two wires and a black connector on the end.. I have looked but see no place to plug in.. Any ideas... Thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
The plug with two wires you are describing sounds like the exhaust temp sensor that has been disconnected and the other end has a resistance chip plugged into it. This is because your catalytic converter was removed and replaced with a D plate. Which is a good thing as these cats good bad all the time and can cause all sorts of reliability issues. My ski has the cat removed too, if you look at my pic you'll see my exhaust temp switch wire zip tied.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the info.. I do have a hook up in that area... That wire is the one that I was talking about, mine doesnt have a plug in the end but thats the wire... Just wanted to be safe not sorry!!! Thanks again !!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts