Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I had a previous post about not being able to tune my low speed circuit. Always seemed lean. I took my carbs off again with the intention of using a true mikuni rebuild kit and found the carbs full of debris again. I am assuming this is coming from the fuel tank and need to know if any of you have some ideas on how to clean the tank without having to remove it.
Would you think it could be coming from anywhere else? I replaced
the inline fuel filter on the sidewall when I cleaned the carbs. Apparently it is not catching the waste.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Only thing you can do in the ski is lengthen the fuel line to the carbs to reach over the side and siphon put in a gallon and siphon till it's clear. But you'll never get it all. With what you have making it through the filters. Id pull the tank and wash it out clean. Otherwise you'll be right back here shortly. You'll also want replace or flush your fuel lines clean as well. In both run and reserve.

I did my GPr tank a few years ago. Washed it out with dawn dishsoap with a couple old rags stuffed in to help. It's amazing how much scum gets in them. rinsed it left it in sun a couple days to dry. Good to go.
Could speed dry with some alcohol and then drain.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I was hoping I would not have to pull the tank, but if that is the best way....wave venture 700, I wonder how much dismantling will be involved.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts