Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Yamaha Cruiser FX1100 HO.
Bought it used and finally got it started after replacing the jet drive. I thought the motor was locked up, but corrosion had put a lump in the wear ring and motor couldn't turn over. I fixed that with a new wear ring.

NOW... The darn thing won't start - it won't even turn over. Actually, the Multifunction Meter has no power at all except for the little green "security indicator light" that comes on for about 15 seconds when I hook up a battery.
When I place the clip beneath the shut-off switch - - NOTHING -- like the battery is not even connected.
I've been doing research on internet and keep reading about a remote to shut off ignition security system??? The previous owner lost the remote years ago and the ski has been running fine without it.
Can someone smarter than me tell me what to look for to get this beast going again????

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is this Forum still in existence?
Absolutely no response from my posting.
I seriously need help here.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sounds like you arent getting power. Check the continuity from the battery along the main power wires from the battery to the engine block and starter, the terminals are probably corroded. Then get some electrical contact cleaner spray and undo every electrical connector you can find and one at a time and clean them out with a q-tip and the spray. Then double check your battery voltage. After that if it doesnt do anything you could have a seized starter motor(you may need to pull it to check it)or blown fuse, check them all one at a time. Last thing to do is get a new remote control(ebay is a good place) and take the ski to the shop and have them program the new remote for it. If all that doesnt do it I would look into a new computer box for it(and that might need a reprogram from the dealer). Also if dont have it you need the Yamaha computer program and cable to hook it to a laptop computer. Its called YDS, and you can get kits with a CD and the cable on ebay for like $60. I would do that anyway before anything as its good to have.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts