Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, ive just got my ski out after storing it in my garage over the winter, i re fitted the battery, started the engine and connected the hose pipe, all seemed fine but i noticed hardly any water is coming from the front side drains/exhausts, then it slowly kept raising the revs until it got to about 3k revs, then the temperature buzzer started to go off, i quickly disconnected the hose and turned off the engine, i thought it may have had a clog in one of the pipes to the side drains so took off the pipes and blew through them, then tried again but its just the same, any ideas please?

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Hi all, ive just got my ski out after storing it in my garage over the winter, i re fitted the battery, started the engine and connected the hose pipe, all seemed fine but i noticed hardly any water is coming from the front side drains/exhausts, then it slowly kept raising the revs until it got to about 3k revs, then the temperature buzzer started to go off, i quickly disconnected the hose and turned off the engine, i thought it may have had a clog in one of the pipes to the side drains so took off the pipes and blew through them, then tried again but its just the same, any ideas please?
Sounds like you are not getting enough water through the hose.......kink in the line, adapter clogged, etc.?

·
Registered
47 Posts
blockage

well after a minute if the bypass outlets are'nt releasing warm water that cooled the engine from the left and or right side,then yes theres a blockage , but before you tackle that, make sure the pump strainer on the stator is not partically blocked and not and getting much needed cool water..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi all, just to update, took the ski out today in the sea and it was fine, no overheating at all, must of been not enough water getting in through the hose, thanks to those who posted a reply, now all i need to sort out is the charging system. ;-)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts