Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what needs to be done as far as routine maintenance on the 2007 FX Cruiser? I don't want to pay the money for the dealership to do the work because they want to charge $250 per ski plus parts. Any information would be helpful.

·
Registered
194 Posts
PM

First of all how many hours are on it? Is this the first maintainance? It is very easy to do your own maintainance. Answer those and I'll be watchin for your post:appl:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This will be the first maintenance for the skis. They have just under 10 hours on them. What all would i need to do the maintenance myself?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Listen...alot of what is recommended is bull! Change the oil. And filter. You are good to go now.

Seriously change the oil and filter. Thats it. Now...If you want to go into all the other hoarse shizzle, we will be here for awhile.

If you owned a yamaha dealership you would do the schpeel!

I own a rental company with 12 VX 110 Deluxes. Do you think I got time for all that crap?

My machines never skip a beat short of a spark plug fouled here and there. And you will know when they need replacing....my machinis running funny...Get it. Spark plug.

You bought the best machines in the world they don't break unless you break them.:appl::D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Since I am new to this whole jetski thing can you tell me what kind of filter and oil I need to buy and where to get it? I know I can get it from the dealership but they will probably cost me an arm and a leg.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Absolutely. This is the site for you to get anything you want for your ski OEM. Welcome to RIVA Motorsports on the World Wide Web!

Now... you don't necessarily have to buy from them but you can look at the microfiche and totally get to know your machine.

The oil filter is a trick to get to but it's not that big of a deal.

On that website you will go to original parts finder and weed your way to your machine.:appl:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Oh and the oil is 10-30 oil. But if you want to feel special you can the yamaha brand.:laugh:

Remember that is a street bike engine in a jetski. MR-1 same as R-1 yamaha High output of course.

Beutiful boat enjoy!! I am jealous:rolleyes:

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you go to our website in my signature - there is a full detailed process for changing spark plugs, oil and other maintenance subjects - just click the link for technical tips...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts