Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past weekend, I took my 05 fx ho out and it would only run about 15mph and then intermittently go up to about 40mph. I took it back to the dock and when I shut it off and tried to restart, it would crank, but never start. I drained the fuel and put in fresh gas thinking it might be bad fuel, but it still wouldnt start. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. The waverunner is at the lake and I won't be able to get back to it till the weekend. I did however, pull the plugs and inspect them. They all looked fine. I cleaned them, checked the gap and re-installed. I'll sure change them though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok....I got my neighbor at the lake to buy some new plugs and replace them for me. He was there and saw what it was doing previously and it seems to be doing exactly the same thing. Basically, the starter cranks, but it wont ever start. There seems to be a slight smell of gasoline as he continues to crank it.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Wait for just in time he is a yamaha tech. Lets see what he says. I'm gonna say check your rectifier reg. The gas is most likely it loading up from the fuel pump as you keep trying to start it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts