Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, this is my first post on the forum and I'm hoping someone can share their knowledge. I'm relatively new to the Jetski scene so my knowledge is limited.

By way of background, I've got a 2008 FX-SHO Cruiser and have done some minor mods, IE, Riva performance power filter kit, Free Flow Exhaust Kit and intake manifold upgrade kit.

I've noticed recently a significant drop in acceleration particularly at take off, the engine revs okay and sounds like its bouncing off the rev-limiter, but the ski doesn't launch like it used to. It feels very sluggish. Enquiries with the local Yamaha dealer would suggest I have a cavitation problem, due to premature wear on the stock impeller possibly caused by sucking up excessive seaweed, sand or other debris.

This has lead me to research further modifications to fix the problem. I see that Riva have a stage 1 kit, which in addition to the mods mentioned above, also includes a Pump Seal Kit, Top-Loader Intake Grate, Solas "R" Series DynaFly Set Back Impeller and Performance ride Plate.

I'm also thinking of fitting the Riva Stainless Steel Wear Ring, Anti-Cavitation Cone, and

My questions are:

1. Has anyone experienced similar 'cavitation' issues and if so, what did you do to fix the problem.

2. Has anyone fitted the Riva Stage 1 kit? If so, how does it perform?

3. Are these mods overkill or recommended?

4. Any other recommendations or advice please...

Thanking you in advance.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Your problem is common with entry level mods on that platform and on the FZR/FZS. You'll need to change your prop to match your mods & eliminate the cavitation you're experiencing. Since you've gone with all Riva mods, I'd try contacting them for a suggestion on which prop would best match your current level of modifications. You can go with the prop listed in the Stage 1 kit if you intend to mod to that level at a later date.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts