Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
New here.

I got an 2002 FX140 Waverunner. Its fuel injected. It has about 150 Hours on it. I have taken good care of it, I use it maybe 4-5 times a season. Until last weekend, it has ran great. It took it out last weekend and it started to bog a little. It would not go over 5-6000 RPM. It almost felt as if its running out of fuel but the fuel tank was full or as if it has a RPM limiter on it.
If I held the throttle half way, it would slowly climb above 6K RPM but as soon as I got on it after that, it would start to bog again and would sink below 5K RPM.
After half an hour of messing around with it in water, it started to run a lot better, but nothing as it ran last season.

I am sure it isn't simple to diagnose such issues online, but I would certainly appreciate it someone else has experienced this issue and could help me out with it.

Thanks in advance,
Jay

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update.

For those who may experience similar issues...

After trying few basic things, the problem persisted, in fact ski didn't even start anymore, so I decided to look into the spark plugs this evening. I realized that all four spark plugs had come loose, not really loose though, but I was able to take em out without using a ratchet. After I took the plugs out, I saw that all four had a lot of carbon built up on them. So I replaced em and the ski runs like new now.

I also changed the oil and the air filter, while I was at it, and it runs smoooooothly.

Jay

1 - 2 of 2 Posts