Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought a fxho 160
Rides awesome- out all day in the sea.
Came home to flush with my go800r- hose connected/start engine/ turn on hose .
overheating alarm starts after a minute so I quickly shut off water then engine. I noticed no water is coming out of the left side outlet just a little dripping- but my gp800r seems to be the same.
What am I doing wrong?
I know there is no real overheating issues because it runs spot on in the water.
Could it be low water pressure from the hose? I only have it turned 1/4 (ish) on the tap I’m pretty sure that’s what the manual says on the gp800r.
I read to angle the nose down while flushing- tried it but no difference. So I’m quite frustrated/worried as I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong- so any advice will really really be appreciated!!
Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have just bought a fxho 160
Rides awesome- out all day in the sea.
Came home to flush with my go800r- hose connected/start engine/ turn on hose .
overheating alarm starts after a minute so I quickly shut off water then engine. I noticed no water is coming out of the left side outlet just a little dripping- but my gp800r seems to be the same.
What am I doing wrong?
I know there is no real overheating issues because it runs spot on in the water.
Could it be low water pressure from the hose? I only have it turned 1/4 (ish) on the tap I’m pretty sure that’s what the manual says on the gp800r.
I read to angle the nose down while flushing- tried it but no difference. So I’m quite frustrated/worried as I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong- so any advice will really really be appreciated!!
Thanks
reading the online manual mentions nothing about garden hose pressure-“ start engine and turn on water UNTIL water comes out nozzle”- does this mean turn up water pressure until water is coming out of side nozzle/pisser?

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Saniner, Welcome to the forum.
Technically you were overheating, with water only part way on you won't get enough to cool properly if at all.
The best solution to your problem is to put the water control at the hose end. (See pic1) then turn water on at house full open and control water flow at ski.
Start ski, turn hose valve full open. (Ski nosed downward). Your typical garden hose won't supply water faster than the pump would while riding. Plus while flushing 1/2 of the water is back feeding to the pump. If need be, a valve can be installed in the cooling line from the pump so all the water goes through motor. (2nd pic) If you have poor water pressure/flow you may need to do this to get a good flush. (3rd pic valve installed) blue, is cooling line from pump, green, is flush line. Red, is Y fitting where they come together and showing water flow direction. Pics are from my GPr. Even with the valve closed hose full open I only get water from right side pisser. The rest goes out the exhaust.

Riding in salt water you'll also want to use a flushing agent like "Salt A Way" or "Salt Terminator" to neutralize the salt residue and reduce corrosion.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks- problem solved.
More water pressure and nose down a bit and it’s pissing out the pisser!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts