Personal Water Craft Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening all,

I have a FX HO160 2004 and i took it out yesterday arrived at the slip and fired it up for about 10seconds to make sure it started then put it in the water. After about 10mins of helping my friend get his ready and launch i jumped on and went to start the engine and nothing, a small click and that was it.

I had made the mistake of over filling the oil so once i got home remover the oil and filter and drained the engine of oil removed the plugs and tried to flick it over and again just a poor attempt from the starter motor.

any ideas?
maybe the starter? has it somehow seized the engine? puzzling the heck out of me!

I look forward to you solutions and ideas!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
will try that - i had kind of ruled out the battery as its brand new and the charger said fully charged.
the display lights up fine and says 12.5v

nothing in the impeller had the grate off (sheared a bolt :-( ) and couldn't see or feel anything. It didn't run in the water at all.

as i say will try a battery tomorrow and see what happens many thanks for your reply!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
a little update:

new starer relay and its still not working - it turns over on the starter motor if you put it straight on the battery but wont turn over if all is connected up properly - am starting to get frustrated now!
Really dont want to let it beat me but might have to take it into the shop!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats my thought - i think it might be a problem with the security system as it dosnt work but the ski has always been unlocked in high-power mode so haven't got round to sorting it out - the green security light used to come on when you started it but dosnt anymore which i have only just noticed - maybe some how it has become locked?
would the starter relay click in lock mode?
very very odd - its going in to have the computer read on monday and the fob reprogrammed or replaced.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
just found out about getting the display to show error codes without a computer and it is saying normal! - must be the security system?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
no beeps - its got be wither the ecu or the security system.
should have some sort of idea on monday once they have hooked it up to a computer and run some tests - will keep you posted, thank you again for all your help!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
so the problem has been solved and we are now back up and running!

what had happened was the starter solenoid decided to have a moment on the beach and not work so when i then started working on it and unpluging cables to try different things the ecu thought it was being tampered with and locked itself.

as my fob was broken i couldnt then unlock it and so a new fob and bobs your uncle we are now working! - a very very simple issue that took some problem solving!

thank you for all your help!

the jumpstart thing is the same with anything especially new cars as the ecus dont like the spike of the out o sync power coming in from the other car.
just leave all your lights heaters and screen heaters on and it will absorb the spike and not damage the ecu - in therory!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts