Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Kawasaki STX 12F
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I unscrew the cap and there is a tremendous amount of pressure released, is this normal, I am in FL( 90DEG) , so much so that it blew the cap off and broke the attached chain????? Also after filling up at the gas station and going home, I wanted to fix the broken chain, when I removed the cap gas started coming out of the fill neck !!! I'm thinking that it may have to do with how the ski is sitting on the trailer ! It's parallel to the trailer but does slope down when i hitch it on the vehicle. One other thing I noticed was while on the water the gas gauge was 1 bar above E and the alarm came on shortly after, but at the station it only took about 7 gals, I thought I had a 16 1/2 gal tank ! does this seem right? I don't like gas tank/gage issues, they make me very nervous !!! Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Gas tanks need to vent, not sure where the vent lines are on yours but one usually has a valve to let air in and other is to let air out which is probably the case. When you locate it you should be able to blow air through that valver with little effort. Follow lines coming off top of fuel tank to locate the breather in and out lines.the breather out line should run up higher than the tank usually.

·
Registered
2005 Kawasaki STX 12F
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't find either, i looked at the parts diagram and that shows neither also!!!! doesn't make sense, the cap doesn't have one that I can see.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I attached a pic of part# 49057 which is a relief valve located with fuelpump assembly,thats the closest i could find. That was going through partzilla.
47AA1ACC-6050-4C68-A08C-D0B873FEB410.jpeg

·
Registered
2005 Kawasaki STX 12F
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've put the ski away till next season BUT that will be the first thing I check when i uncover it again, thanks. I did look at that same diagram but didn't realize there was a relief valve. Probably blocked somehow I'd imagine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts