Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the forum and this looked like the best place to ask. I have a 2000 3-seater Yamaha waverunner. A little under a year ago I put a new engine in it because the old one seized. I am now having trouble with it in that the bottom of the ski is full of gas. Not only is the bottom of the ski is full, but the exhaust is full also. There was about a quart of gas in the exhaust. I am stumped on what is going on. Does any one have any thoghts to help me? Thanks

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I am new to the forum and this looked like the best place to ask. I have a 2000 3-seater Yamaha waverunner. A little under a year ago I put a new engine in it because the old one seized. I am now having trouble with it in that the bottom of the ski is full of gas. Not only is the bottom of the ski is full, but the exhaust is full also. There was about a quart of gas in the exhaust. I am stumped on what is going on. Does any one have any thoghts to help me? Thanks
Sounds like an explosion waiting to happen. I would take it back to whoever installed the engine and let them check it out. Leak?, Cylinder not firing?........whatever, I would not try to start it until it had been thoroughly checked out by a professional.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I installed the engine myself. I tried turning it over just to see what would happen and gas came pouring out of the exhaust manifold. Took the manifold off to see which cylinder the gas is coming from. All three cylinders were putting out quite an amount of gas. I am now thinking that it is something with the carbs, because when we put the new engine in we rebuilt them and we might have done something wrong. Any thoughts?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts