Personal Water Craft Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings!!

I posted this on the Tigershark forum but thought that as it is a general question I might have more luck here. I am about to start the reassembly process on the top end of my 1993 Tigershark 640. Jug is bored and honed to match the new 1mm over pistons from SBT. My question is about gasket sealant. I have the AC service manual and there is no mention of using silicone on any of the surfaces during reassembly. I have trued the surfaces the best I could with 400 grit on a piece of glass and I do not feel that any were really bad. So where and what type of sealant if any would you folks that have done this more than me suggest? Thanks a bunch!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Greetings!!

I posted this on the Tigershark forum but thought that as it is a general question I might have more luck here. I am about to start the reassembly process on the top end of my 1993 Tigershark 640. Jug is bored and honed to match the new 1mm over pistons from SBT. My question is about gasket sealant. I have the AC service manual and there is no mention of using silicone on any of the surfaces during reassembly. I have trued the surfaces the best I could with 400 grit on a piece of glass and I do not feel that any were really bad. So where and what type of sealant if any would you folks that have done this more than me suggest? Thanks a bunch!!
I just thought I would comment, I talked to Bobby at SBT and he said they use Locktite SL5900 on the jug to crankcase gasket and Coppercoat spray on the head gasket. That place is a great resource!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts