Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this as bad as it sounds....

2006 SeaDoo RXT. Happened today. Used ski, new to us. I told her to pop the hood and the gas tank was right there. She popped the seat and got 2 gal in the air intake before I caught her. I noticed the gas was flooding the hull (not sure if there is a bypass so that liquid drains from this area in case of a ski flip) We were on the trailer so I opened the plugs and rinsed and drained it. I had a couple of fans drying out the compartment and blowing directly into the intake to hopefully dryout anything that may be in there.

Help me out guys, Am I F'd or will the ski be ok? Is there anything I need to do before trying to crank it? I want to take it to a shop but nothing is open until tomorrow.

Thinking I need to take apart the entire intake system and dry it out/replace it worst case scenario.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honestly it was no problem. I took it in for a seasonal maintenance package and tune up. Was about $200 I think.

Apparently, the intake right under the seat is more of a vent for the engine compartment. No gas in the engine or engine parts. No problems at all.

Get it looked at quick though just to make sure and DONT CRANK IT on the off chance there is gas in places you dont want it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts