Personal Water Craft Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the board and actually new to the Tampa, FL area as well. I'm originally from Milwaukee, WI where you can only use a PWC 3-4 months out of the year. Now that I live in Florida I am seriously looking into buying a couple for my partner and I. I have done some pretty extensive research the past few weeks and still have a few questions on them that I have listed below. If anyone would mind helping me out and / or suggesting a few PWCs for me to look at I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

1. In general with cars Honda and Toyota are known as the "reliable" brands. Is there any brand of PWC that is known as this? I'm currently looking at either Honda or Sea Doo.

2. I've ridden both a 2 seater and 3 seater jet ski before, and it seems to me that there is a very big difference in manuverability between the 2. The problem is I've only driven the 2 seater on a private lake with no wake. Could someone give me some pros and cons on the 2 and 3 seater jet skis? Right now i'm leaning towards the 2 seater because it's smaller, lighter and can turn easier, but I want all the info I can get before buying. I'm a little worried that Tampa Bay and the Gulf of Mexico might make riding a 2 seater a little harder.

3. Is there really that big of a difference between the RXP 215 HP and the RXP-X? Obviously 40 HP, but is the X really worth the extra 2-3 grand?

4. Be it that I'm in Tampa I've heard the best time to buy jet skis is in the summer because a lot of people come down in the winter to their winter homes and buy them then. Does anyone know if this is true?

5. How negotiable are jet skis? I know with new cars you can usually get 1-4 grand off MSRP. I also need a trailer so I will take that into account as well, but with the economy in the crapper I would assume the market for jet skis are down so you can get some pretty good deals. Is this assumption right? Also, can anyone give me any ideas of what they have actually paid for theirs?

Thanks again for everyones help!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.