Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Genisis 1200 FFI. At the end of last season it started to miss at idle, still decent power. Mag end cylinder dead at idle, picks up off idle and if I dump fuel down throttle body. Anyways, compression was good but after no avail pulled ALL cyl heads. Center and PTO cylinders were severly damaged (but yet good compression). Figured maybe ECM was overcompensating for this and causing problem with Mag cylinder. Pulled engine and did comlete rebuild (bottom and top end). Bored .25 mm over (all), boysen reeds. Put engine back in, and fired it up. Same cylinder still dead. Fuel pressure right on spec, spark plugs replaced and indexed, swapped coils, swapped injectors (yes I know they are coded to cylinder but should cause something to happen). Crankcase was pressure tested (6psi for 6 min) upon assembly. Spark plug is wet when pulled out. I'm out of ideas. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
114 Posts
You have done all the prelims I would suggest! I would guess you still have a fuel delivery problem, just because the plugs are wet doesnt mean its all good! You have a great source with SBT, they have a great POLARIS TECH on hand! His name is Tom Vansickle! give them a call.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts