Personal Water Craft Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
OK First let me make a suggestion and rule out the Honda. Its about 7 mph slower than the RXT.The FX HO is great ski and hits a top of 61ish. RXT is about 5 mph faster, but the yamaha has great reliablity and with a couple bolton mods you can be right with the RXT. You already said you didnt want the RXT and yeah, I wouldn't get it due the the ceramic washers and supercharger problems. And the Ultra 250 is about same top speed as the RXT and great in the rough, but will drain your wallet in gas. It also has a some problems with its seat do to it not being secured. I would go with the yamaha HO for reliability and its not slow. Let me suggest that you get a rideplate for it, custom air intake, intake grate, new impeller. With those simple mods you can easily attain speeds of 65 mph+

·
Registered
54 Posts
O ok I thought u were going for the honda turbo....the honda without turbo is like 53-54 mph...turbo is still 7 mph slower than rxt...so even w/ (which is wut i meant) is still alot slower. But Some aftermark mods I would say are rideplate, intake grate, air intake, new impeller/repitch. Simple stuff Like that can get you some great speed. Say the yami HO goes 61mph maybe 62 if its glass...those mods will get you lets say to 65 mph, right there with the RXT. I will go find out how much some mods are for ya and get ya a price

edit: Did some research about those mods for ya on islandracing.net and you can get a Stage 1 kit for $559.95. With this includes R&D Rideplate, R&D Aquavein intake grate, Solas Dynafly Impeller 14/20, and R&D or Riva pump seal Kit. These mods are said to give a total of 4-5 mph which, like I said will get you to 65+ area which is just where RXP is. So for an extra 600 bucks you get all that.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Well you said you were looking at used skis so what was the price on this HO...because of 1.5k less than a NEW sho then its worth the spend. What year is the HO, how many hours, did he get it serviced, any hull damage. Give me some more info on the ski and ill help you make a better educated decision.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ok honestly, my unbiased decision would be go with the yamaha. I would say the Yamaha HO and Honda are about the same speeds..but u cant mod the honda as much as yamaha and the yamis are MUCH more reliable. I would say go with the yamaha. Sounds like you like the $$$$ deal on the Honda, but your getting an 06. Go with the 07 HO and u wont be dissapointed

·
Registered
54 Posts
95 miles???? piece of cake!! I go to wildwood NJ from Warren NJ every year...its 152 miles and i tow my ski down every summer for the 3 hour drive...I get there no problems...Hopefully you know how to trailer your ski. If not I can give you step by step instructions.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Well in order to "tow" a ski you need a trailor lol. Im guessing your getting a trailor. I can give you step by step instructions on how to trailor your ski. Are you buying the ski ON a trailor?

·
Registered
54 Posts
trailoring is the same thing as "towing"...when you say ur trailoring your ski its like saying ur "puttin a ski on a trailor" lol. Just make sure the jetski is hooked up correctly, not too much slack, chains are crossed, etc.

·
Registered
54 Posts
They definetly are toys lol. I live in Jersey so the waves are always big =P fun fun :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Come to Jersey, you could stay at my place and we go ridin all day =P...not sure if the "woman" would like that but Tough =P

1 - 9 of 9 Posts