Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

Friday i bring home my new FZS and FX SHO 2010 skis. I bought two stands on ebay from some company in TN and need to put the skis onto the stands in order to store them in my garage.

Anyone offer any techniques learned through experience? Should i buy a hoist or with enough manpower will i be able to get them onto the stands?

Any hints are greatly appreciated, these are my first skis and i may be over thinking because i'm a little nervous about messing them up.

/rl

·
Registered
811 Posts
Take the time to build dollies

If you are trying to lift 800 lb jet skis off a two place trailer you better build a dolly with "V" bunks to transport the ski from the trailer to the stand. Can you imagine trying to step over a trailer frame carrying a jet ski? Not to mention the safety risk and potential damage by dropping the ski. This way you can slide the ski to the end of the trailer and set it down on the dolly then roll it to the stand and lift it onto it.:appl:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Moving PWC From Trailer to Stand

It's easier than you would ever expect. First, spray the bunks on the trailer and the stand with "Liquid Rollers". Liquid Rollers is basically a silicone spray manufactured by CRC and labeled under the MaryKate logo. This stuff will make your bunks slick as snot and your PWC will slide on the bunks very easily. So easy that you will be able to do the entire move by yourself. REALLY. To do the transfer, align the stand with the trailer bunks as best as possible and use tie down straps, ropes, or something to attach the stand to the trailer. This will keep the two together while you are pulling the PWC from the trailer to the stand. If you don't have your trailer still attached to your vehicle ball hitch, chock the trailer wheels so that the trailer doesn't move backward when you start pulling the PWC to the stand. Once you have everything lined up and secured, disconnect the PWC from the trailer winch strap. Then just give your PWC a good tug and it will surely start moving toward the stand. Once you have the PWC centered on the stand and completely off of the trailer, remove whatever was used to secure the stand to the trailer. Then pull the stand with PWC clear of the trailer and your job is done. I used this exact procedure to move my Sea Doo RXT-X260 with a full tank of gas from my trailer to my homemade aluminum stand without any assistance. The sea doo has to be in excess of 900 lbs. and it slid from one to the other with ease. Hope this helps someone out there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts