Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am buying my second jet ski and don't really know what is good and what is not. I had a 99 yamaha 760lx I think. It came with the lake place we bought. It was an old 2 stroke and wasn't very reliable. I really want a reliable ski, and it needs to be a 3 seater. We will do some tubing with it, but the oldest tubing kid is 8 years old and skinny. :]

Anyways....I only want to spend around 5000 dollars on the ski.

I was looking at a 2004 or 2005 yamaha fx crusier ho....the dealer didn't have one in for me yet.

I then found this from a kawasaki dealership....

2007 Kawasaki ultra lx with 20 hours on it. It has not been in salt water, and they are asking 5400.

This seems like a good deal to me and is in my price range....plus its 3 years newer than the yamahas i was hoping to get.

Any advice would be great!!!

·
Registered
811 Posts
Kawasakis are not the most popular or dependable skis made. Where I jet ski you rarely see one. I would buy the Yamaha for alot of reasons, dependability, better dealer network, bigger company, parts availability and a better ride. Just my opinion.:dunno: Just one other thing I just remembered that the 2007 supercharged skis are basically JUNK. Many problems with motors grenading, i.e. blown cranks, blown pistons among other nightmares

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
If reliability is your number 1 concern I'd pass on that Ultra 250. Yes they are fast and great in the chop but heard to many horror stories about major engine problems. The STX-12f or STX-15f are much safer bets if you want to go the Kawasaki route. Otherwise get a Yamaha or SeaDoo.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
250?

Thanks for the responses......I don't think it's a 250 though. To my knowledge it's just an Ultra LX.....not a 250. It has 160 horsepower, which is all I think i would need.

My step dad has a 04 kawasaki stx15 and I think it's 120 or 140 horsepower....anyways....just not sure if the ultra lx is the same as the 250 your are mentioning.

Let me know

Thanks!

Mo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts