Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a line on a 2000 Waverunner xl800 with under 20 hours (really, it's nearly new), 120 hp engine, single trailer, garage kept, etc. The guy basically bought this thing when his kids were a little too young for it, and when they got old enough they just never got into hitting the lake.

Is this thing a good deal at @ $2500? Any specific things I should take a look at, specifically around it sitting for so long unused? He had it out last year and it ran fine, battery is currently dead, and he doesn't have a hose hookup to run it on the trailer, but I know him so I'm sure I can't take it 10 minutes over to the lake and see what it does.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
this seems like a decent deal for the hours, gonna confirm it all tomorrow and figure out a time to test it before I buy it. He seems like he needs the money, I might offer $2000 and see if he bites, but I really think $2500 is a decent price if it is what he says it is.

Anyone know if the xl 800 @ 120hp will tow a skier? tube? Talking about a 200-275lb adult here, not a kid.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right on 50mph with me on it @ 300lbs. I haven't tried to tow anyone yet but I'm guessing that it'll do just fine with a tube, that's what the previous owner did with it the little time he used it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts