Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I put the clip on the kill switch, are the gauges supposed to come on? I can hold Mode to lock/unlock, but the gauges are only on after I have the waverunner started. If I try to start it and it won't start the first time, it will also say welcome to waverunner, the different gauges will flash, etc. I'd like for the gauges and all to stay on once the battery is on, so that I could have a clock/trip meter/distance meter, etc. Any ideas on this?

Also, fuel gauge is stuck on Empty/warning light stays on. Supposedly the float is stuck, any suggestions for this also?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
When I put the clip on the kill switch, are the gauges supposed to come on?
No

I can hold Mode to lock/unlock, but the gauges are only on after I have the waverunner started. If I try to start it and it won't start the first time, it will also say welcome to waverunner, the different gauges will flash, etc.
This is completely normal. It should start to crank the first time though. If you disconnect your battery and reconnect then enter your security code it should prompt you to crank the motor by saying "start" on the display.

I'd like for the gauges and all to stay on once the battery is on, so that I could have a clock/trip meter/distance meter, etc. Any ideas on this?
It's all computer controlled I don't think it's possible to alter how long the gauges stay on.

Also, fuel gauge is stuck on Empty/warning light stays on. Supposedly the float is stuck, any suggestions for this also?

Thanks!
GPs are notorious for this and hence always reading empty. Someone wrote a good HOW-TO a few weeks ago how to replace it. I'm sure if you search for it you'll find it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! One more thing, what I meant by gauges staying on is, not actually on.. just for example the clock staying set/trip meter not resetting each time jet ski is turned off. That way I can have the time while I'm riding, etc. I thought trip shouldn't reset until you decide to reset it, but maybe not. Any idea?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts