Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 GP1200r and I need to pull the engine and repair or swap out the lower crankcase HALF - I found a 3/4 x 1-1/4 inch piece blown out in pieces . Many have said the TOP and Bottom Halves of the crankcase are matched and drilled as a pair. My question is CAN YOU PULL OFF THE BOTTOM HALF of Crankcase and reassemble without a cylinder head disassembly and rebuild of all the pistons etc? I have the shop manual but I am looking for a better source of engine pull steps. I have read where the crankcase can be repaired by a skilled welder -- any insight on this would be appreciated also
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Look at SBT installation guide for tips on pulling/installing the engine: SBT Jetski Engines, Parts & Accessories: Installation Guides
I think you are going to have to completely dissemble the engine. If something came through the case, you will be doing a complete rebuild from top to bottom of at least 1 cylinder. Repair of the crankcase may or may not be possible depending on where it failed. This place is supposed to be able to do it, but I've never dealt with them: Water Craft, Sport Boat Parts & Rebuilt Engines | PWC Engine I'd give them a call and see what they say.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts