Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have A 2001 Gp1200r, Runs Fine On The Trailer But If It Is Run On The Hose Or In The Lake It Will Bog A Die After A Minute Or Two, When You Pull The Plugs The All Three Cylinders Have Water In Them. I Have Checked Everything But I Must Have Missed Something.
The Only Part Of The Engine That All 3 Cylinders Come In Contact With Coolant Is The Exhaust Manifold, I Changed It. No Good!!
The Head Coolant Is Seperate For Each Cylinder.
Any Ideas????

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have you checked the mating surfaces and the gaskets between the block and the cylinders? Suggest you use Yamaha gaskets and not the aftermarket paper gaskets.

·
Registered
1 Posts
DID YOU HAVE ANY LUCK TRACKING THIS PROBLEM DOWN MATE??? i HAVE A 2002 xlt 1200 with what appears to be exactly the same problem. It wouldn;t start after new battery installed and I have it in with a mechanic who swears it has been sunk...but I can assure you it has been garaged for 12 months and never been under water.........he is pulling the motor apart bit by bit from the top end down and so far no evidence of blown gaskets and no idea where the water is coming from.....heaps of crap in the exhaust (oil mixed with water)...he is quoting me 3 grand to fix it and I sure would like to know if I am wasting my money or not???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts