Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I previously owned a Yamaha Waveblaster II with close to a stage 3 kit on it, but i bought it that way. I just bought a 2000 Yamaha Gp1200r Millenium Edition.. When i went to ride it my first time it would go from 0-14 very slowly even when i was full throttle.. then after 14mph it would take off like a bullet. I went to a mechanic and asked he said i need to have my carb rebuilt/cleaned, and my fuel system flushed/cleaned. I was thinking if im going to have a my carb rebuilt why dont i get some upgrades... so if you know of any please post a list of Racing Carburetors that would fit my Jet ski... i am all about speed!!! as well what else i can do to it to make it faster.... i was looking at a Stage II kit, if anybody has any info please tell me about it, and what else i can do to my jet ski. I am not looking to buy everything right now. I would like it to be a fun project between my dad and i to spread it out and not buy all the parts at one time... but i would like a few currently. I also heard from the same mechanic not recommending buying a new Exhaust for the PWC because they are not reliable.. please help ESPECIALLY ON CARB... thanks alot!:D

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you want to make it faster get the Revre(I think thats how you spell it) Racing plate, i got one of those and my GPR flys

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doc Sean said:
If you want to make it faster get the Revre(I think thats how you spell it) Racing plate, i got one of those and my GPR flys

i googled this and got nothing, are you sure that's how you spell it... aswell im going to get mechanical trim tabs, new sponsons, ride plate, racing handlebars/grips, seat cover, Exotic PWC graphics.... etc.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it's been a real long time since I have even looked at this...

so you guys no Riva has good stuff, but not the best...

also info to go fast... racing carbs arent the best either, get your carbs modded...

List of parts done:

Modded carbs
ported engine
milled head
Modded plate ( gained 5mph from it)(secret what I was done to it)
Flame arrestors
Trued/welded crank
D-plate w/ sensor
Advent ignition
Couplers/clips
New bilge
New handlebars
Modded trim tabs
New sponsons
Fiber hood/seat/grab bar = over $2500

and other secret mods!

·
Registered
5 Posts
modded plate

hi there reading what you wrote about modded parts and you have done alot.. your ski must fly.. any chance you can tell me what a modded plate is please because it sounds like it makes a big difference 5mph gain.. thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Spx

Hi, I read your post. I was thinking if I am going to have a my crab rebuilt why don't i get some upgrades... so if you know of any please post a list of Racing Carburetors that would fit my Jet ski... i am all about speed!!! as well what else i can do to it to make it faster.... i was looking at a Stage II kit, if anybody has any info please tell me about it, and what else i can do to my jet ski. I am not looking to buy everything right now.

<a href="www.protoolshed.com">

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yeah Riva has some awesome stuff for GP's....also you could try islandracing.net

·
Registered
209 Posts
well first things first....
get your pump tunel reinforced! update your rideplate/pumpshoe inserts, switch to pre-mix get rid of the oil pump, you need an intake grate double bar R&D... stock grate is not safe at highwer than stock speeds..

what curve set on the advent are you running?....84 is a good reliasble single pipe curve
heads shaved to what compression?

i have three gpr's,, i post a ton on other sites, just found this one

1 - 12 of 12 Posts