Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, recently replaced multifunction meter on my GP1300R (2003). Started the engine and it went okay. Curios to know if the Engine Warning Indicator would work, I disconnected the coupler sensor (engine off) and started the engine, the warning light did went on and the alarm too, engine did not start like it is supposed to (i guess). I re-connected the sensor again and tried to start the engine - Starter tried to turn a few slow turn then it stopped. Tried pressing the starter again, just a "cluck" sound near the battery box.

Read again the manual, engine was supposed to be running when disconnecting the sensor to check if warning indicator works. Could it had fried the sensor when I tried to start the engine while it was disconnected (instead of disconnecting while engine was running)?

Would appreciate your help. I'm hundred of miles away from a tech. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I don't think starting the engine with the sensor disconnected would damage it. It is possible that you may need to have the warning code reset by letting the dealer hook the system up to the YDS software, but this is just a guess.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is possible that you may need to have the warning code reset by letting the dealer hook the system up to the YDS software, but this is just a guess.
I hope not...I'm very far away from a delear or a tech....My plan is to disconnect the engine heat sensor and re-connect it again. Also check on the starter relay coz the "cluck" sound seems to be coming from there. Would also try to fire the starter direct from the battery coz if it turns, then I can rule out the starter. I'm new to all these...just migrated from boating (outboard) to ski. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts