Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
GP1300R - Do you have one too?

Hi all,

I am new to the forum and just bought a 2005 GPR with 14.7 hours. Collected Saturday and due to heavy rain managed to resist a go yesterday. Looks like new under the hood and I have booked it in for a full service before i even put it in the sea for the 1st time.

I have had a number of old and tired ski's with alot of time spent repairing, although expected with their age was somewhat tiring.

Has anyone got experience of GPR reliability issues or better still stories of many happy trouble free hours of use from one of these? Also are there any common problems to look out for or prevent in early life and hours?

thanks in advance.

Dan.

(sorry but initially put this post in general on home page so sorry if you see it twice)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Gp 1300r

Hi Stacee,
I am new to the forum as well and have purchased a 03 1300R just before christmas,its fantastic,except i am in australia and have a holiday house near beach and when the tide goes out we are having problems with picking up sand and allready i need to look at replacing impeller ect.this is a problem with all jets but i'm surprise how quick it affects the pufomance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
danlovett said:
Hi all,

I am new to the forum and just bought a 2005 GPR with 14.7 hours. Collected Saturday and due to heavy rain managed to resist a go yesterday. Looks like new under the hood and I have booked it in for a full service before i even put it in the sea for the 1st time.

I have had a number of old and tired ski's with alot of time spent repairing, although expected with their age was somewhat tiring.

Has anyone got experience of GPR reliability issues or better still stories of many happy trouble free hours of use from one of these? Also are there any common problems to look out for or prevent in early life and hours?

thanks in advance.

Dan.

(sorry but initially put this post in general on home page so sorry if you see it twice)
Hey Dan, in my experience GPRs are very reliable jetskis and performance wise are known to be one of the best even the GP1200R is remarkable, but I think u have to keep in miind the following when maintaining it:

1. If its barnd new or major service has been made involving replacing piston rings, always make sure to break it in properly. Idealy its done by consuming 1 full tank with slow reving not exceeding 3000 rpm then 1.5-2 tanks not exceeding 5000 rpm. its important not to accelerate suddenly or quickly in the break in period.

2. If u r using a fuel/oil mixure make sure its the right proportions and make sure u use 1 can of yamaha motor oil for every 7 gallons of regular unleaded fuel.

3. Always always always flush with fresh water after sessions especialy if u are using it in sea water.

4. Replace spark plugs after every 3-4 heavy sessions, and always use genuine yamaha spark plugs cuz cheap ones provide less power and can easily crack while removing leaving small chips in ur piston compartment (beleive me it happens :D ) imagine the damage. btw yamaha spark plugs are not expensive over here they go for an equivelant of 3 USD each.

5. try to warm-up the engine properly especialy before heavy sessions.

Other than that, try to coop ur body with the size and weight of ur GPR and once u r used to it the real fun will begin. GPRs are the best and most reliable jetskis I have ever experienced.

Enjoy!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts