Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, this is the first pwc that I have personally owned. I've had experience with several others, but all were Seadoos. But I'm a Honda/Yamaha man, and found a decent 2001 GP800R at a good off-season price. I rode it, and checked compression before buying it.

My questions to some experienced owners are:
Are there any things that I need to be worried about with this model?
I plan on buying a block-off kit and running mixed fuel. What ratio should I run? 40:1 ? 32:1 ?
Would a Riva straight through exhaust kit help this ski any? I'm not really looking for more performance, but more reliability and no gummed up exhaust. I've had several 2 stroke dirtbikes that build up gunk over time and run like crud.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks,
Josh

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Mavrick,

Now I'm trying to decide if I should go ahead and drain the fuel out of the tank and leave it dry over the winter. Some guys have said to fill it up full, and some say drain it. Any experienced owners?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I drain my gas in everything in the off season. Snowmobile, snowblower, jet skis, lawn mower, etc. Make sure you fog the engine, and burn the gas out of the carbs. It will fire right up next year. Dan:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think that's what I'll do. I would end up having to rid of the gas anyhow since I'm going to premix in the spring.

I fogged it the other day. But I'll fire it back up and run it dry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts