Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm completely new to PWC. I just acquired a late '90s Kawasaki STS 750 from my aunt. It has been sitting for a few years. I was told it was running fine and winterized when it was parked. It was well maintained and the engine compartment is cleaner than any car I've owned. The battery was completely dry, so I put in a new one. The oil tank is almost full and the gas tank was dry. The seat needs recovering and sloshes like it has water in it, but I haven't been able to get any to drain out. The only cosmetic issue is it needs new anti-skid stickers for the foot wells. There is no longer a Kawasaki dealer here and I can't seem to find anyone to service this thing. My uncle "had a guy" he took it to, but that guy is gone. I put gas in the tank, cleaned the plugs, and tried firing it up, but it just cranks over. Any suggestions on where to start my diagnosis? Thanks

John

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Welcome aboard John,
Unfortunately you'll have a hard time finding someone to service the 2 strokes. That being said there easy to work on. get a manual and you can get help here.
As your current issue I'd say start with a fuel filter and a carb rebuild.
Before you do that though try this. pull both plugs and attach the wires and ground them. Crank it and check for spark. If you have spark. mix up some gas/oil at about 40/1 and squirt a bit in the carb. Now try it, if it starts then rebuild carbs.
I'd also look over all the fuel and oil lines. Replace them if there hard, stiff, and brittle. Any air leak and the carb won't pull fuel. The oil lines are the weak link you don't won't one to break or pull off.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts