Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1994 polaris slt750, and when i was on the water today the engine stopped abruptly. I tried to start it back up but it would not run as there was some grinding in the back, i assume the jet pump, that was stopping the engine.

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Sounds like it. I would inspect it from the intake and discharge sides before pulling it. You might have sucked up a rock or other debris.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did not see any debris in the intake and discharge. so i am going to take out the pump and replace the bearings, does anyone know of a video on how to take the pump out? im pretty sure i can figure it out but i just want to be sure before i break anything.

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
From what I see it looks straight forward. Remove steering cable, 4 bolts holding the nozzle, 4 bolts holding the pump, hoses inside that attach to the pump. It's prob. going to have silicone on the transom mating surface so it will be stuck pretty good. Clean that surface and apply pure silicone sealant on reassembly, and new orings on the cooling tubes. Apply marine grease to the driveshaft splines on reassembly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, do i need to worry about taking any bolts out from the driveshaft holding it together? or should it just pull right out when i've removed the hoses and bolts?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts