Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 38 hours on my 06 rxp. The battery is charged, but when I press the start button, there is a clicking noise and the starter does not turn over the engine. It takes about 10 to 15 times pressing the start button before the starter engages and the engine turns over. Electrical issue? I hear the click up front by the battery. Please help.

Thank you,

Matt

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ever figure it out?

I have 38 hours on my 06 rxp. The battery is charged, but when I press the start button, there is a clicking noise and the starter does not turn over the engine. It takes about 10 to 15 times pressing the start button before the starter engages and the engine turns over. Electrical issue? I hear the click up front by the battery. Please help.

Thank you,

Matt
Hi Matt,
I know this is an old post but I am having the same problem with my 06 RXT and was wondering if you ever figured out what was wrong?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the very same issue but it is on my 2006 GTI SE 4-Tec, also on mine the MAINT light comes on briefly as well. Did you guys ever figure out what was causing the problem. Also by the way my battery connections are clean and tight and the battery is reading around 14 volts.

Thanks,

Greg

·
Registered
285 Posts
That was my suggestion, check connections, may have corrosion on them and clean and cover with dielectric grease. Clean ALL posts, + & - . Ground must be clean also! Could have a problem with the starter. Ground on that ski i think is on front of the block and is all one cable, the + on the ski runs to the control box and is 2 cables, make sure all are good and clean. You could check the voltage at the starter also while trying to turn it over and see if it has 12 volts, anything lower than 11 probley won't start.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts