Personal Water Craft Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently turned my jet ski over,motor compartment filled with salt water.I removed all the water tried to start to no avail.Took ski home pulled plugs found them milky white. So water got in im guessing from flipping the ski back over the wrong way. I dried out all cylinders for hours with a hair dryer and cranking over without the plugs out. Finally got it started let it run for like 10 minutes on garden hose.Then i took it to the water and headed out to run it for awhile to help dry out more. I ran it around for like 4 hours not a prob one.Two weeks later i go back to put the ski in the water starts fine takes off good then started to like miss or bog intermediate,then was fine. I beached the ski for like 3 hrs went back to take off and it hesitated then took off.Went like 4 miles at like 40 mph then the ski basically just lost power and i was left idleing back to the ramp. I tried to give it gas,just bogs and wont go any faster then idle speed. I get it home pull plugs 1 seems a little wet other 2 look to be burning good. put plugs back in fire it up with water hose hooked up and revs higher but cuts or bogs at a certain point like hesitates then picks up. I have noticed motor seems hotter then normal,but no temp light coming on.So wondering if maybe carbs,revlimiter,salt build up near where the water comes into the motor on the heads or something. Please help pulling my hair out over here.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts