Personal Water Craft Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 1997 1100 STX and today mine started doing the exact same thing. The only difference is that mine did not fill with water. I took it out over the weekend and it ran great. Today started out fine but after 10 min the motor started to die and then I couldn't do anything but idle. I changed the file filter and the plugs, put the ski back in the water and it still had no power. I brought it back home and flushed the motor. While flushing the motor would rev up like it should but the motor and the water coming out of the back was real hot. I am also at a loss and any help would be great.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was searching the net some more and came across another forum with a possible solution.

Let me know if you think this could help.
HELP!! hot stall problem

Well i tried it again today, with a different fuel filter and with no fuel filter at all. I have no idea at all what the deal is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I have seen posts like mine on other forums and no matter how old they are there is really never a resolution to the problem.
I hate when people don't post follow ups cuz then a few years down the line no one knows what the fix was ect. :)

The problem with my ski was that the 1 piston detonated. The ski still ran fine after this happened, accept for the loss of power which is why it was hard for me to future out what was going on.
The cause of this has to do with old ass oil lines and from buying this jet ski from a mechanic who had told me that the STX had a brand new motor in it from SBT. I pulled to cylinders off myself, a first for me, and found the damage. Upon inspection of the carbs I found the the #2 carbs small oil line was broken off and that the large puls oil line connected to #1 carb had also broken off. I'm fairly certain that the only reason that I didn't trash the whole motor is because I mix a bit of oil in with the gas just to be on the safe side.
I really blame the jetski mechanic I bought the ski from because when I bought it and asked about some oil in the bottom of the ski I was told that it was do to the engine work that was done on the ski and that it would wash out over time and use. I mean if the guy who works on the jet skis tells you it's normal why wouldn't you believe him.
This is starting to feel like a rant so I'm gonna wrap this up...
The problem was a trashed piston which was caused by 2 broken oil lines.
Moral of the story is. No matter who you buy your jet ski from check the important stuff yourself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts