Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need to know how to hook up the solenoid on my virage??? im a pretty good mechanic just not good with wiring. i got the ski in a basket and have it all together except the solenoid. just wich wires go where? the lead from main box connects to solenoid but where does the positive lead go??? on the same post ? the lead to the starter goes on oppsing terminal? just explain it to me please!!!! cant get a manual for two weeks and would like to run the kinks outta the girl tis weekend. any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I don't know about Polaris skis, but a starter solenoid is pretty simple. You should have 2 large connections: one is from the positive side of the battery and the other is from the positive side of the starter. These go on separate posts. You may have to try it both ways to figure out which way works. There should be 2 smaller wires from the starter switch. When you hit the start switch, that closes the magnetic switch inside the solenoid, which connects the 2 positive leads (gives you a direct connection from the battery to the starter), so the starter gets current from the battery.

If you put both positive leads on the same post you bypass the solenoid and starter switch, and your starter motor will always be on.

Hope I didn't make this confusing............it is really simple.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts