Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

hello i just bought this 1996 kawasaki 900 zxi looks good but didnt intend on it being a yard ordiment
i rode it 20 mins and the exhaust coupling blew out i thought replace it and go on took it to pensacola beach and went out 100yrds and its done blew threw it again
i had a guy tell me if anything happens in 7 days to call him
no answer until his wife tells me that i had broke it which pissed me off lol:furious3:
anyways who on this site can help out with this issue:dunno:
can it be a waterbox issue?
what about the flush tap? (dont think mine has it)
maybe sand in the system from where he rode it the day before?
i dont know any help would b nice as i would love to ride them tomorrow!!
thanks alot peeps!:udaman:

·
Registered
811 Posts
Sorry dude don't know anything about Kawasakis, except that they are basically junk, best thing you can do is return it to the seller and buy a reliable ski, such as Yamaha or Seadoo. I would quit riding jet skis if Kawasaki was the only choice. They are just like their discontinued snowmobiles, junk, Just my opinion. Try the Green Hulk forum.:thumbsdown:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry dude don't know anything about Kawasakis, except that they are basically junk, best thing you can do is return it to the seller and buy a reliable ski, such as Yamaha or Seadoo. I would quit riding jet skis if Kawasaki was the only choice. They are just like their discontinued snowmobiles, junk, Just my opinion. Try the Green Hulk forum.:thumbsdown:

yea i found out this is a huge 1500 dollar pc of shit and im pissed!!

·
Registered
209 Posts
I don't check out this forum very often.
But i have a '95 kawi 900 zxi and i love it. I ride it, my son rides it, and my grandson rides it... it always works just fine.
If the exhaust hose looks like it got hot before it blew, then it got TOO HOT. Probably a water flow issue. Some of the water flow ends up in the exhaust gas flow for the purpose of quieting the exhaust, but also to cool it so it can go thru rubber hose couplers without melting them. Take all hoses loose, and check for cracks, splits, etc. Blow them out with air, or flush with water. Then do the same for all the water passages in the engine and exhaust pipes. Does water flow easily out the pisser? Is it too hot to touch? Check all the hoses/passages, but for your initial problem look at the one out the top of the head that goes into the exhaust pipe. A little water passes thru the pipe cooling passages and exits out the front to the o'temp gauge and then to the pisser. But inside that exhaust pipe are some bleed passages that let some water right into the exhaust gas stream. You might have to remove that pipe for examination if you can't verify clean flow. Does the exhaust blow plenty of water out the back when you run it on the hose in your driveway?? Incidentally, never let the hose run without the engine running.

·
Registered
44 Posts
So why look at the Kaw forum, to slam them? I have one and like it, I might disagree.

·
Registered
811 Posts
First of all I didn't look at the Kawasaki Forum :laugh: It was in the recent posts , like all other new posts grow a brain. Now I know why you have a Kawasaki

·
Registered
285 Posts
Come on guys , don't be part of the problem, try and be part of the solution. try to go to New Jet Ski Parts and Used Jetski Parts - Jetskiparts.com and look up your ski for a parts break down and from their you can see what your looking at to repair the ski, They are pretty good ski's but like all ski's with age on them your going to have problems. 15 years old so their is going to be some wear. Rubber hoses and gaskets . and check for blocked cooling lines. Good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts