·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're looking to pick up a PWC. Here is how we plan to use it:

1 - want to be able to pull a skier
2 - Probably want a 3-seater, but want to still be fun to ride solo
3 - will see some choppy water, the lake's main channel can get rough

That's the main stuff. Please let me know if I need to provide any other details. Thanks.

·
Registered
114 Posts
You have alot of good choices! Man you just gotta pick a brand you like and do the research, YAMAHA is my ski of choice I have a FX High out put! love it! But if I wanna get stupid I pull out the oL trusty ZXI 1100 Pro-Mod and act a fool! but thats not what you need!!! The FX is a good choice!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have alot of good choices! Man you just gotta pick a brand you like and do the research, YAMAHA is my ski of choice I have a FX High out put! love it! But if I wanna get stupid I pull out the oL trusty ZXI 1100 Pro-Mod and act a fool! but thats not what you need!!! The FX is a good choice!
Thanks man. I read up quite a bit more and I think Yamaha is the way I was leaning. Mostly based on the size of the hull and it's performance in choppy water and the gas mileage it gets. Would the FX HO have enough power for skiing? I was looking at that one and the SHO. Also, what do you really get in the cruiser line? More than just a cushier seat? Yamaha's site could use a bit more info, I guess that's what draws you into talk to a dealer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I spent a lot of time researching what to buy for my first ski, and it boiled down to a Yamaha. Bought a 2-stroke XLT1200, but if I had the extra money, I would have gone the 4-stroke route. They are less expensive to run in terms of gas and oil. My three seater is very stable, and I take it out in salt water in the Gulf and intercoastal waters. I'd say a majority of the skis out there were Yamahas (you can tell by the rooster tail). My XLT can pull a skier, but it's a blast to ride solo and jump waves! I've been told by several people down here Yamaha is the best in salt water because of their sturdy construction. I've always been partial to Yamaha because my family had Yamaha snowmobiles growing up in the north, and they were very reliable.

·
Registered
209 Posts
you cant tow with a 2-seater,legally anyway..., you need a spotter a driver and the rider,,, so with two seats thats not enough room to get to shore all on the ski..

first of all what is your price range? that will narrow it down big time..

·
BORN TO FISH NOT CATCH
1,512 Posts
you cant tow with a 2-seater,legally anyway..., you need a spotter a driver and the rider,,, so with two seats thats not enough room to get to shore all on the ski..

first of all what is your price range? that will narrow it down big time..

not in all states

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I might finally be picking up a ski. Found a 2006 Yamaha FX HO with 50 hours. $5900 including the trailer. Assuming all checks out okay and the ski is up to snuff, how does the price sound? It's high based on NADA and KBB, but those don't account for low hours.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
That's a good price for that ski. NADA is always low on boats an PWCs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts