Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello im new to jet skis some what. i am having trouble finding a good one in the 1990 to 2000 year.

guide lines (likes)...
2 or less person
fast (50mph at least seems like a decent speed?)
manuverable
nice on gass
stylish

... i like the 2009s iv seen but they are a little out of my range. i would like to find a 1995 though.
i couldnt find a mass forum to get everyones ideas.

im kind of a tall guy 6'6"

please help me. the old lady is letting me get one if i quit smoking great ensentment if you ask me...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have two 1996 STS Kawasakis and I love them. I like the older skis because they are not nearly as complex to work on. Mine will run about 52 MPH and I am 6' 4" 250 lbs.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am looking at getting either a Kawasaki Ultra 150 or a Kawasaki ZXI 1100. input would be much appreciated. what should i look for when i go to look at it? how do i know im not buying a lemon. i guess what i need is a check list of red flags to watch for. also i cant find any consumer reports.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i am looking at getting either a Kawasaki Ultra 150 or a Kawasaki ZXI 1100. input would be much appreciated. what should i look for when i go to look at it? how do i know im not buying a lemon. i guess what i need is a check list of red flags to watch for. also i cant find any consumer reports.
First thing to do is check compression........

I've seen many shops even that replace parts, rebuild carbs, and send unit out thinking its done....customer brings it back saying still no power.....and one cylinder is toast!

Always check compression first.......

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can i get that chacked anywhere or should i take it to a marina? will a car dealership do it (as wierd as it might be to them)?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts