Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 00 Yamaha XL800. Bought it at the first of last summer, rode all summer, no problems. The very last time I took it out, i lost all power and it would not start back. It will crank, both cylinders are showing "blue arc", the fuse is good, and the fuel filter is filling up. It sounds like it is "trying like crazy" to start, but it is just simply not starting. What is the deal guys?

·
Registered
209 Posts
are you sure your getting spark,,,, unscrew the plug with it in the boot and push the starter, look for spark...... do you still have a fuel switch? make sure thats not broken or clogged..... also do a compression check, if youve lost a ring it wont want to start....

do you have a primer hooked up? still have choke plates? do you pull the throttle when you try and start?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll check for a spark again and make sure. One of my family members did a compression check and he said it checked out okay. I do pull the throttle at different times to get try to get it started, and it sounds like its doing something, but its a very low sound, and it still doesn't start up. I'm not a mechanic by any means, I'm just looking for some guidance haha

·
Registered
114 Posts
What does okay mean? the compression numbers are critical on this ski! If you have proper fuel delivery and ignition firing properly then you have GOT to know the compression numbers! pulling the throttle? are you pulling the choke knob out or are you pumping the primer knob? you do not need to pump the throttle, you will flood the engine. It should start with 3/4 to full choke depending on temp!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Compression read 80 on both cylinders. I don't pull the throttle everytime I try to start it. I am getting spark. I have tried pulling the choke all the way out and it still refuses to start.

·
Registered
209 Posts
get a PRIMER!!! im telling you it will be a piece of cake to start....as long as theres nothing else wrong with it...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know what could be wrong with it. I've done all the tests that I know to do to it. I bought the repair manuals that I need. Maybe I'll get it fixed since everyone is stumped on this case haha

·
Registered
1 Posts
Welcome to our website: shoes-trader--www.shoes-trader.com International Trade Co.,Ltd. We are a foreign trade company that wholesales all kinds of brand shoes and clothing. Such as Nike jordan,Dunk, Nike shox, Air max, Air force one, Adidas, Puma, Gucci, Prada, Bape, Timberland shoes, t-shirts,jeans, shorts and so on. Reliability is our strong point. And we can offer all COLORS and all SIZES.

If you do business with us, you will be never worried about the quality. All products are top quality with original packing. You can rest assured. Our price is for wholesale, so ours is more favourable. So when you do business with us , you will find how good the quality is , and how reasonable the price is!

I suggest that you can sell our products and make some money.

Come on, why not do business with us. Any question please contact me.

My EMAIL: [email protected]
My MSN: [email protected]
Welcome to our website for more details. shoes-trader--www.shoes-trader.com International Trade Co.,Ltd
Best regards! Thank you !
:appl::appl::appl:

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts