Personal Water Craft Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 00 Yamaha XL800. Bought it at the first of last summer, rode all summer, no problems. The very last time I took it out, i lost all power and it would not start back. It will crank, both cylinders are showing "blue arc", the fuse is good, and the fuel filter is filling up. It sounds like it is "trying like crazy" to start, but it is just simply not starting. What is the deal guys?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll check for a spark again and make sure. One of my family members did a compression check and he said it checked out okay. I do pull the throttle at different times to get try to get it started, and it sounds like its doing something, but its a very low sound, and it still doesn't start up. I'm not a mechanic by any means, I'm just looking for some guidance haha

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Compression read 80 on both cylinders. I don't pull the throttle everytime I try to start it. I am getting spark. I have tried pulling the choke all the way out and it still refuses to start.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't know what could be wrong with it. I've done all the tests that I know to do to it. I bought the repair manuals that I need. Maybe I'll get it fixed since everyone is stumped on this case haha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts