Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I"ve been looking at two different jet skis trying to make up my mind which one i want. Now tonight i got prices on each ski but i have to make up my mind by Monday so i really need help. I'm down to the following two ski's at these prices...which would you get & why?
2010 Yamaha VX Cruiser out the door...everything $8,755.25
2010 Kawasaki STX 15F out the door...everything $8,625.00

now the Kawasaki has a bigger engine & more horsepower & will go faster but the Yamaha will come with a 3 yr warranty, a bigger platform in the back & get better gas mileage. I don't have time to do a test drive or anything since the price on the Kaw will only be vaild till Monday (at least i think i can still get it monday) so i really need to make a decision as soon as possible..

your thoughts?
thanks
Meryl

·
Registered
8 Posts
never tried eaither ski. how much faster is the kaw? speed is not always best i've learned quick lol. hitting the water at 60mph hurts alot more than 45. i feel my 700 is more stable because of the smaller motor. i can handle alot rougher conditions than the 1100. warrenties are nice. especialy with new things because they break in the "breaking in process". not sure how the boat thing works but i know in cars if u buy a new one and don't like it you can return it within 3 days for your money back. (i belive that's still true) so if it works like that with ski's get the kaw, try it for a day an if you don't like it take it bak an get the yama. or vice versa. but i'd check into that a tad more first.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Hi, I think you will be happier with the Yamaha. Between Yamaha and Sea Doo they pretty much dominate market share. IMO Kawasaki should stay to making crotch rockets. Their jet skis just don't stack up in performance, comfort, or reliability. When I am out on the water ( Chesapeake Bay ) you rarely see a Kawasaki Jet Ski. Mostly Sea Doo and Yamahas. I had a guy who after I smoked his Ultra 260 wanted to try my RXT, so I let him and his response was "My ski is junk compared to yours". So never owned either brand, Sea Doo or stay home lol. But from local comments the Yamaha would be the best choice since there is no Sea Doo to pick from.:laugh:The other thing is resale value. The price diff will be equaled out or hold a higher retail value for the Yamie.:cheers:

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
For those 2 choices, I definitely recommend the Yamaha. The VX isn't the fastest ski on the water (around 53 mph), but it is very stable, very reliable, great gas mileage, etc.. Yamaha redesigned the VX for 2010, so you are getting some nice improvements over an already great ski.........more comfortable seating, more leg room, more stable in rough water (moved the center of balance back, improved sponson location), 10% better fuel economy than older models, better mirror location, etc.. I also think that the Cruiser option is the best choice.

The Kaw is faster, has more storage space, less features, not as reliable.

Check out this comparison: http://www.trailerboats.com/output.cfm?id=2139445&sectionid=313 and keep in mind that this was the older model VX, not the 2010 model. VX = best buy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts